Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Missionary Story...

so here i am again..
i'm completely stressed out (not at this moment exactly cuz it's 11pm here in lux) because i have a lot of stuff going on at the same time:
1) SCHOOL!!! it's so much work and i'm on vacation so it's hard to actually WANT to study ( i did start though -> law and economics and i did some of my german homework)! oh well school...

2) i have my drivers licence some time soon (the exam) and i'm nervous but i actually love driving and i'm looking forward to having my own pick-up truck =)

3) i have this ward talentshow that i'm organizing and it takes a lot of time, dedication and work! and i'm planning on doing a lot of stuff but the reason i called this post 'missionnary story' is because my good friend olivia and me wrote this song! everything started on a sunday after church! she came to my house and we did some scrapbooking (well i did.. she was talking to me) and i was complaining about how jerky some people can be and she started singing the story i was telling her on the ' i will survive' tune and then we went of on changing taylor swift's "love story" lyrics into this:

you were on ur mission when i first saw u
i close my eyes and the flash-back starts
u're standing there
with your badge saying "missionnaire"

see the suit see the book of mormon
see u convert people to the church
but most say no
u carry on even though

u were an elder u were preaching the gospel
and your parents said stay away from pretty girls
with transfers on their way
i was praying u wouldnt go

and i said
stay on ur mission after we can be alone
i'll be waiting for u till u can go home
we'll have a date and we'll say we're forever
its a love story and i'll miss u

the transfers come and im sitting there crying
im reading the scriptures,they remind me of u
u're sad to go
but u have to even though

u were an elder u were preaching the gospel
and you had to leave so that you could spread the word
though you were everything to me
i knew that you had to go

so i said
stay on ur mission after we can be alone
i'll be waiting for u till u can go home
we'll have a date and we'll say we're forever
its a love story and i'll miss u

Romeo save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, cause of the rules
Don't be afraid, you will return with honour
It's a Love Story, baby, just say yes
Oh, Oh

I got tired of waiting,
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said...

Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone
i didn't know that two years could feel like so long
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think
you knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said...

Marry me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone
I love you, and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a Love Story, baby just say... yes.
Oh, Oh... Oh, Oh, Oh


i think we're gonna sing it at the talentshow! there is an elder here (elder todd harris) and he just LOVES taylor swift and i think he's gonna laugh a loooot!!!!


so i am basically sitting here all alone -my mom and my pets are sleepin'- and i'm listening to 'here comes goodbye' by rascal flatts and now i'm gonna listen to 'what hurts the most' by rascal flatts. my best friend made me discover this band and i love it! i love their songs because they actually mean something! which makes me think of this super cool thing that olivia wrote about songs that actually mean sth...
anyway, i'm sitting here talking to my best friend on facebook (she's in utah now) and i miss her! i really do!! she's so cool and i love her with all my heart! she lifts me up! she really does...
and i'm talking to my newest friend: maima!! she's such a sweet girl!! oh wow she really is! i just started talking to her like on saturday and we're such goodfriends now! she's coming over to Lux in 2 weeks and im looking forward to it! she's such a cool and nice and funny girl! i think we're kind of the same and that makes life good!! =)

i'm lacking ideas so i'll just end this random post...=)

2 comments: