Tuesday, June 15, 2010

last couple of days

good news: Maima is staying for another whole week, which is great!!
we had an amazing weekend, as far as i am concerned.
she got here on friday 4.45 pm and she brought me this delicious banana bread! Holy Guacamole it is definitely worth a 5 on my yum-scale (out of 5). then we went to church for the YW activity (as i am 1st coucellor in the YW presidency), which reminds me that i have to finish the things we started.
saturday was a busy and sad day...
in the morning we went to a car boot sale with my mom and ye bought some cool stuff and it was great cuz we got to see the turners singing and we saw jess there. i really liked it. after the car boot sale we went grocery shopping and when we got home my uncle called us and told us that my grandpa died. i was and am so sad. i had never been close to him till the beginning of june when we went to portugal to see him. it feels so weird knowing that i am never going to see him again here on earth BUT i know that i am going to see him again one day. when my mom told me my grandpa had just died the first thing i thought (after the "oh no!") was ' I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and for the atonement' i saw my uncle in the depths of despair and i felt so happy at that precise moment. i was happy because i knew that it wasn't the end. i couldn't help singing this hymn:

God be with you till we meet again; By his counsels guide, up-hold you; with his sheep securely fold you. God be with you till we meet again. Till we meet, till we meet, till we meet at Jesus' feet, till we meet, till we meet, God be with you till we meet again

i am so thankful for the plan of redemption and I love my family more then anything else!
my mom and all of my uncles, who live in Lux, went to portugal and I stayed here with maima. we taught daniel at 3pm witht the elders and then we went shopping with jess. after that we were in a hurry cuz we had less than an hour to go home, shower and get ready to go to pizza hut. we finally made it and we had a great time with the YSA. after dinner we came to my house and played spoons and phase 10 while we were watching the england vs USA game.


sunday morning we went to church and it was stake conference and general authoritites talked to us. i am so happy cuz elder david a. bednar was one of the speakers and he's my favourite. i loved everything! revelation (reservation ;)--> Jess always sais reservation xD) is such an important topic and i loved Bednars' talks.
after church, Jess and Liz came to my house and we ate the free pizza we got at pizza hut. we played phase 10 for 3hours!! i lost =( ha ha ha
Olivia came (Jess and Liz had left) and we did some scrap booking till 6.30. at 7 we went to institute and it was great. we stayed there for an hour just singing (after institute) and preparing something for the talent show!

yesterday Maima and i cleaned the whole house and Jess and Olivia came later in the evening and we prepared our song for the talent show!

that's what's been going on lately...


world cup excitement

No comments:

Post a Comment